My friend, Amy in BG, sent this to me today, so I'm posting it here. I also got my first TAG--a double one--from Tiffany and Teresa (same tag), so I'll do that soon. But it requires more thought, so I'm throwing this one out there first. Not really a tag, but it looked fun!
Welcome to the 2008 edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:15-ish to help kids get ready for school
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Veggie Tales: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
4. What is your favorite TV show? Lost, The Office, Scrubs, House
5. What did you have for breakfast? Cheerios with "gold" (aka honey)--and I used Jared's whole milk...oh yes I did.
6. What is your middle name? Dawn
7. What food do you dislike? Anything I have to cook :-)
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Watermark "A Grateful People"
9. What kind of car do you drive? Honda Odyssey
10. Favorite sandwich? Tuna from Panera or Subway (w/lettuce, tomato and LOTS of black pepper)
11. What characteristic do you despise? meanness (I have a hard time describing this exactly, Jared makes fun of me for calling lots of things "mean"...I know it when I see/hear/feel it)
12. Favorite item of clothing? currently, Bella Band; normally, Old Navy jeans
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? nowhere at the moment :-) but snorkeling in Belize is at the top of my to-do list SOMEDAY
14. Favorite brand of clothing? SALE! Banana Republic if I had the time or money (or, you know, a waist)!
15. Where would you retire to? That's too far away to even think about!
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My last one--the big 3-0! Jared surprised me with a party, even in the middle of his busy season! And my mom passed down my grandmother's beautiful ring to me, so that made it extra special!
17. Favorite sport to watch? Titans football
18. What is the furthest place this email will go? Honduras to Mom (since Dad doesn't "do blogs")
19. Person you expect to send it back first? No idea
20. When is your birthday? March 28
22. Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitely a night person :-)
23. What is your shoe size? 8 normally, 8 1/2 when pregnant
24. Pets? 3, if you count the kids :-) We have lots of "pet" caterpillars, ants, and worms, but they stay outside and fend for themselves.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Hopefully I will in about 5 more weeks! And hopefully he will have a name by then.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? teacher, mommy, musician, Mrs. Donny Wahlberg (New Kids on the Block)
27. How are you today? as my dad would say, "Old, fat and tired." 2 of those I actually am, one I just feel.
28. What is your favorite candy? Jr Mints, but I'd take a cookie (esp Snickerdoodle) over candy
29. What is your favorite flower? tulip
30. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? May 28/June 1--whatever day this baby is born!!! (And our anniversary on May 29, but it's going to be a pretty unromantic one)
32. What is your full name? Melanie Dawn Smalling
31. What are you listening to right now? Peace and quiet. Jack is watching Blue's Clues but if I pretend, I can hear quiet.
34. What was the last thing you ate? ice (from Sonic, from one of 2 bags of it in my freezer)
35. Do you wish on stars? no
36. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? burnt sienna
38. Last person you spoke to on the phone? my mama called me from Honduras!
39. Favorite soft drink? cherry Coke
40. Favorite restaurant? Rafferty's
41. Hair color? brownish
42. What was your favorite toy as a child? Lisa, a doll my mom made for me
43. Summer or winter? Summer
44. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
45. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
46. Coffee or tea? both!!!
47. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes!
48. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday when I found that instead of getting ONE shirt to wear, Jack had pulled out ALL of the clothes out of ALL of his and Noah's dresser.
49. What is under your bed? 2 plastic containers of clothes I can't wear right now
50. What did you do last night? Went to Karyn Henley parenting seminar at our church
51. What are you afraid of? Storms, tornadoes, someone in front of me throwing a cigarette out their car window and it going under my car and making it blow up, ...
52. Salty or sweet? both, together
53. How many keys on your key ring? 2
54. How many years at your current job? 8 1/2 (mom)
55. Favorite day of the week? Tuesday (Jack goes to Mother's Day Out!)
56. How many towns have you lived in? 6 (but one of those 3 different times)
57. Do you make friends easily? More and more, as I realize that people I thought were more acquaintances are really friends.
58. How many people will you send this to? ??? Whoever reads this blog???
59. How many will respond? maybe 4