Saturday, February 9, 2008

Love and chocolate

After a chilly, windy afternoon outside, the kids enjoyed their hot chocolate.

Jack is looking depressed because he's upset that his "hot cocoa" was hot. It wasn't actually hot, the other two drank theirs right away with no problems, but he was convinced it was going to burn him, so he pouted. It's been one of those days. Like my mama used to recite about me, "There was a little girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very good indeed, but when she was bad she was horrid." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (really, I thought it was Mother Goose!) must've been trying to disguise that it was about Jack, with the girl part, and the curl part...the rest of it is definitely him!

And then, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I decided it would be a good time to try to take Valentine's pictures. In my defense, they were in a chocolate-induced stupor, so I thought they might be far enough gone that they'd go along with pictures.
As you can see, Jack started out pouting, but he recovered. I considered trying to get the Sup.erman cape off him, but it was NOT worth the fight, so I left it alone.

Then all I could get out of him was this fake, goofy smile. He does this a lot lately. He also started a fake laugh as of yesterday. He does it after everything he says, whether it was intended to be funny or not. That Jack!

I love my little goofballs!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I forgot to add that when I showed the pink shirt to Noah, he said, "Ok, but only for Valentine's pictures." Since it fits their school dress code, I told him he could wear it to school and he said, "Mom, what are you trying to do to me?" Apparently even kindergarten boys know you do NOT wear a pink shirt unless you want to get beat up!