Friday, February 22, 2008

Ballerina

Like most of her friends, Madeline is Han.nah Mon.tana crazy. She's only seen about 4 episodes, and never actually heard her music other than that. But still. It's required. So I'm always relieved to realize she's not nearly as grown-up as she would like to think she is. I really just wanted a picture to document how cute Madeline looked in the school outfit she put together herself.

And because I got those tights on clearance at Tar-jhay and she had previously thrown fits about how they bother her feet because they are not footless. I was thrilled to see her putting that $1.99 to good use.

And also because she requested that I fix her hair, and then requested a BOW, of all things! And a pink one at that! Lately she's been insisting on doing her own hair (even though the back is not always as thoroughly brushed as I would like it!). And it has been a LONG time since she *wanted* a bow. That's not to say she hasn't *worn* some bows, but they've been against her will, because I'm just not ready to completely give up that part of her childhood.

She's had a bow in since the day of her birth when the kind nurses KY-jellied a bow on her head...
And how could I NOT include the quintessential (I'm not really sure what that means, but it seemed appropriate, at least in my head) Maddy-bow-picture...
Today, as soon as the camera came out, she felt the urge to show me the "ballet moves" she learned in ballet 2 years ago. She is currently deciding between ballet, softball, and soccer for the spring. She has never played soccer this year, but the thought of BOTH boys being able to play soccer this spring suddenly inspired her. We'll see how that goes!

I love my big girl, especially when she reminds me that some part of her is still just a little girl!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Oh Maddy!.....

First I had tears in my eyes at the newborn bow pictures, but then when I saw how beautiful you are doing your ballet moves, well, I had to actually get a tissue...

By the way, I love your outfit and your hair looks very pretty.

You are growing up much too fast for your Dani...