Monday, June 1, 2009

The difference between 7 and 4

Noah: Jack, guess which superhero I am…


Jack: Uh, I don't know.


Noah: He's a DC Comics hero.


Jack: What's DC?


Noah: It's the people who make some of the characters. You know, like Spiderman is Marvel?


Jack: [blank stare]


Noah: Okay, here's another hint, he's the leader of Robin.


Jack: Robin!


Noah: No, he's the *leader* of Robin. Not the *answer* is Robin.


Jack: You mean Robin?


Noah: Uhhhhh! Okay, he has a foe named Joker.


Jack: What does "foe" mean?


Noah: "Foe" means someone who's bad and versus the good guy. {Can he verb the word "versus"?}


Jack: Oh, Joker!


Noah: No, his *foe* is Joker. Not the *answer* is Joker!


Jack: It's Joker!


Noah: Come on, Jack, he's the leader of Robin, he has a foe named Joker, and he's active at night.


Jack: You mean Robin's active at night? Or Joker's active at night.


Noah: Jack, his name starts with Bat and ends with Man.


Jack: Ummm….Joker!


Noah: No, it's Cat Woman, come on! {He's obviously inherited his daddy's sarcasm!}


Jack: Oh, Cat Woman! That's what I thought!


Noah: Uhhhhh! Jack, it's not Cat Woman. Is she the leader of Robin? No. He has pointy ears like this…boom!


Jack: Cat Woman!


Noah: HE, Jack, HE has pointy ears! Cat Woman is a SHE, not a HE! Here, I'll show you this action figure that looks like him…[holds up Batman figure] See?


Jack: OH, you mean Batman?!


Noah: Yes! You got it right, Jack! Great job!


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hilarious!

Michael and Hannah said...

I applaud Noah's patience! Where can I get me some of that???

LB said...

I'm laughing out loud right now. . . Oh, to be a fly on your wall!!

Melanie said...

These conversations happen all the time in our house...but they usually end abruptly with a wrestling match. I was on the computer already and started transcribing the conversation after the first couple of questions because it was getting funny :) Hannah, Noah usually has ZERO patience with his brother, so this was a rare treat!

Jeanne said...

I have absolutely about laughed myself into a frenzy reading this! And even more so repeating it to your Daddy. I cannot wait to see all 4 of those precious kiddos of yours tomorrow!!!