Friday, June 19, 2009

6.16.09 Mommy Moments

{Jack loves to tell stories! He tells me one--or twelve--every night before bed. I guess
my bedtime stories got too boring, so he's making up his own. Usually they involve him *not* being scared of monsters or the dark or bugs. It always starts with, "Mommy, it's time for me to tell you a story."}
"Mommy, it's time for me to tell you a story. This is a story about something *very* important. This is the story about Jesus." 

{Picture proud Mommy, thrilled to hear my four-year-old "tell me the story of Jesus"}

"One day in the morning, I picked up my room and cleaned the dishes and picked up the laundry. Then, a book was broken and I fixed it with tape. I tested it and it worked-ed. Then, one of the toys was broken and I fixed it with tools. And I squished *all* the flies. The end." 

{At this point, I wonder what happened to the story about Jesus, but I'm thankful it's at least a story about helping instead of being scared monsters...AGAIN. And then, out of the same little mouth that not ten minutes prior had been saying things like, "Noah, you are a stink-brain", he spoke with faith like a child:}

"Mommy, wasn’t that a great story? I did ALL your chores." 

"Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:4-5

No comments: