Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Prayer requests updates

I haven't updated the prayer requests in a while. Baby Bennett was able to go home with his parents about a month or so ago and is doing very well. Thank you for your prayers for him. Last week, our brother Mike Matheny went to his eternal home. Please continue to pray for his wife, Sharon, and his sons, Markus and Thomas, as they grieve their loss of husband and dad. It is a celebration for him, but nonetheless difficult for those left to grieve, especially this time of year.

I'm adding my father-in-law, Gerald Smalling, because he had the first of 4 chemo treatments today (Tue). His doctors are just doing this as a precaution, and so far he has not felt too bad, but we appreciate the prayers anyway.

I'm also adding Aunt Mildred (Shirley's oldest living sister), who has been back and forth to Louisville seeing oncologists, but still has no answers as to what is wrong with her. They initially told her she had cancer in 3 or 4 organs of her body, but further tests cannot find it. Anyway, she has symptoms that haven't been explained, so although their inability to find the cancer is good news, it doesn't make sense based on other tests and symptoms. She just feels like they must be missing something huge and that any day now, the other shoe will drop. Thank you for your prayers for all of these loved ones. I know each of you has many, many other things or people on your mind, so I appreciate you taking the time to read and pray.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I prayed for them all this morning...I'm so glad Baby Bennett got to go home!!! And happy that Gerald isn't getting too sick with his chemo.

Love, Mama

Michael and Hannah said...

Hope you don't mind, but I shared your mom's poem for Ruby with my friend Katie. God's timing is so perfect. I just came across the poem today, and yesterday was the one-year-anniversary of the birth of Katie's son, Jonah, who had already gone to be with God. Jonah was full term and the cord was wrapped around his neck. I had already talked to Katie today before I came across your mom's sweet poem. She and Jonah have been heavy on my heart all week. I pray that Ruby and her poem will help Katie heal... maybe Ruby and Jonah are hanging out in Heaven right now!