Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Distracted

We just started our Wed am women's Bible study last week. We're using "A Heart Like His: Seeking the Heart of God through a Study of David" by Beth Moore. There are nightly lessons through the week, so I've actually been studying the Bible every night. And I've actually been trusting God (which has been a HUGE obstacle for me since Ruby died) to speak to me through His Word and teach me what He knows I need to hear from Him.

"I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
Psalm 119:102-103

And He's been SO faithful through His Word to answer me. And yet, as I studied, I kept finding myself distracted. SO distracted. I wait til the kids are all in bed, so it wasn't them...Jared was working on other things...the supper dishes were in the dishwasher (yes, I am as shocked as you are)...nothing urgent happening...and yet, I could not focus. I can't help but think it is Satan's way of keeping me from hearing what I need, even want, to hear from God.

No comments: