Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Prayers for baby Bennett

I'd like to ask all of you to pray for baby Bennett Mitchell Speck. He is the grandson of a family we go to church with at Brentwood Hills (Steve & Cilla Speck). He's a week old and fighting for his life at Georgetown NICU in Washington, DC. You can find updates for him at http://prayingforbennett.blogspot.com/, including instructions for a Prayer Pager to let his parents know he's been prayed for, which I think is an awesome idea. We could all use one of those!! I know personally how the prayers of others LITERALLY sustained Jared and I when we lost Ruby. I can't imagine the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual exhaustion of having your own child in NICU on a heart-lung machine fighting for his life. Thank you for praying for this family.

No comments: